About us

(To follow this blog, create or sign into a google account and/or create an account for www.blogspot.com . Click "follow" on the top left corner of this blog or click on "dashboard" on the top right of this blog and add the url www.sportsmastermind.blogspot.com under "follow blogs" OR on the right side of the blog, click the "follow" button using Google Friend Connect. FOLLOW THE GREATEST SPORTS BLOG EVER!

Monday, September 13, 2010

I hate me(dia)

I feel like this site needed a picture of a hot woman that I actually know.  RESPECT

If I wasn't listening to the overall general media's hype filled view of the Atlanta Falcons and the Cincinnati Bengals, I would never have picked against the Pittsburgh Steelers or New England Patriots in this opening week.  My record would have two less losses, and I would look two times smarter with a 12-3 record to start the season.  I have always known better than to pick against the Patriots with a healthy Tom Brady, and the Steelers with a healthy Troy Polamalu.  Obviously the Steelers' demise without big Ben has been greatly exaggerated. Honestly, I didnt think Dennis Dixon would look too bad by the end of his four games as a starter, but he did a better than expected job at taking care of the ball.  I thought he would be more of a risk taker, not realizing how good Pittsburgh's defense still is.  After the first win, now it almost seems that Byron Leftwich's injury was a blessing in disguise and chance for this young gun to show his ability to manage a team.  Anyway, before I bought into all this off-season and pre-season hype of the Bengals and Falcons great teams, I knew the Pats would do well, and that the steelers were still solid, if not a playoff team. (because of a tough division)  Cincinnati had a top 10 defense last year but I'm not sure if anyone can really explain why, Benson's numbers weren't all that great, and T.O. is probably nothing more than a mediocre number 2 receiving option.  I knew T.O. wouldn't make this team that much better, if any, but Carson Palmer's inconsistency and inability to perform in the clutch has been seen time and time again.  I still think the Bengals will bounce back and make it to the playoffs, but they were overrated from the start.  After last season, supposedly the year of Matt Ryan and the Falcons... many analysts were on that bandwagon at the beginning of last year, and the Falcons blew it.  They won and lost some close games,  never putting together a strong run.  They are meant to be an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year and next year.  Their defense is average at best, they don't create enough turnovers, Matt Ryan isn't a top 10 qb, Michael Turner has worn down and the Falcons will never be any better than slightly above average.  In retrospect, I guess I picked the Falcons, because of my lack of respect for the Steelers offense, not thinking their running game had a strong enough offensive line without a great passing attack.... but I still should've picked those pats.

Also I noticed that all my friends now think they are better at predicting the outcomes of games, just because their favorite team won, or they thought they remembered telling me that the REDSKINS were going to beat the COWBOYS, even though it was a FLUKE. (not you Matt, you were right in your limited perspective)  If you think you can pick games better than the sports Mastermind, than pick them all. or at least 3-5 per week, and have evidence of YOUR picks on YOUR own web site.  The truth is that none of ya'll locals know how to do this better than I do, and your prediction record could never be as astounding.  OR write some comments, e-mails, replies, and give me your picks for the upcoming games, or any pick conflicting with mine, and I'll be able to take your expertise into account for the next time...  For the local teams next week, I'm already leaning towards picking the Giants over the spread and the Colts, while the Patriots beat the Jets in N.Y, even if the Jets are favored.   Good luck picking against me, ESPN, yahoo, CBS, and FOX, I'm about to make you all look ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment